Here come some more patches for January. Oracle will release 78 security fixes for vulnerabilities in its database, middleware and applications, next Tuesday.
- The highest CVSS Base Score among the MySQL bugs is 5.5, which falls into the “medium” range.
- 27 of those are intended for the MySQL database product.
- 1 of the vulnerabilities can be exploited over a network without log-in credentials.
- 2 fixes are for Oracle’s database application.
- 11 patches are for Fusion Middleware.
- 5 Fusion Middleware bugs can be remotely exploited with no user authentication required.
On the application front:
- E-Business Suite is getting 3 patches
- Supply chain app suite will receive 1
- PeopleSoft will get 6
- JD Edwards will have 8.
17 patches will be released for Sun products, including 6 that can be remotely exploited with no credentials. Affected products include GlassFish Enterprise Server and the Solaris OS. Another 3 patches are for Oracle’s virtualization technology, including VirtualBox.
Sharpen up your deployment tools…