Business confidence among members of the security industry remained high going into 2011, according to a 25 page report in the Security Industry Association’s (SIA) Quarterly Research Update.
The SIA Business Confidence Index is based on a survey of 100 top executives at member manufacturing companies. It reports a ranking of approximately 75% in the fourth quarter of 2010, up from the third Q’s 74% and much better than the 59% a year earlier. Interestingly positive, the report also inidcates that 78% rate market conditions as good to excellent.
- The global access control market surpassed $1.8 billion in 2010.
- Retail theft worldwide declined almost 6% to $107.3 billion
- Retailers increased spending on loss prevention and security by 9.7% to $26.8 billion.
- Insider attributed IT security breaches more than doubled to 46%, and is expected to continue increasing in 2011.
- Service and maintenance contracts are projected at one-third of the security systems integration market by 2014.
The Quarterly Research Update is available free to members in the SIA Store. Non-members must fork over $75.