Adobe has published a prenotification Security Advisory regarding upcoming quarterly Adobe Reader and Acrobat updates scheduled for Tuesday, February 8, 2011. The updates will address critical security issues in their products. No details found regarding type and scope.
Microsoft intends to release 12 patches, for 22 vulnerabilities Tuesday, February 8, 2011.
- 4 Remote Code Execution in all versions of Windows
- 1 Remote Code Execution in Visio
- 5 Elevation of Privilege vulnerabilities in Windows (Assorted Versions)
- 1 Denial of Service in Windows 2003
- 1 Information Disclosure vulnerability in Windows 7 & 2008
As part of this month’s update, expect to see issues related to three recent Security Advisories being addressed.
- 2490606, A publicly disclosed vulnerability affecting the Windows Graphics Rendering Engine <http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/2490606.mspx>
- 2488013, a publicly disclosed vulnerability affecting Internet Explorer <http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/2488013.mspx>
- An issue affecting FTP service in IIS 7.0 and 7.5 (no details).
Looks like a busy couple of weeks ahead. Gear up and Git’er Done!