Aw man, I hope someone out there gets me a subscription renewal for Christmas. I really love this nerdy mag. Remote Control Pet Feeders and Mind Controlled Robots! Oh my!
MAKE Volume 22 is on newsstands now! Automate your world with remote control. From pet care to power outlets, from toys to telepresence, we’ll show you how to add a joystick, push-button, twist-knob, or timer to just about anything.
Remote control projects in MAKE Volume 22 include:
- The Lawnbot400 R/C lawn mower–sit back and enjoy the mow!
- Kitty Twitty cat toy that tweets (on Twitter) when your cat attacks
- Automated chicken coop controlled by iPhone
- Motion-detecting Nikon camera remote
- Stealthy TV-B-Gone hoodie sweatshirt that turns off TV sets
- Remote control pet feeder using web chat
- Solar tracking platform that automatically follows the sun
- How to hack R/C power outlets–control your whole house from one computer
- Robots you can control with your mind! (Okay, this one involves a trick, but it’s still cool)
In addition, you’ll learn how to:
- Replace your broken iPhone screen
- Make the Double Pendulum–a simple project that creates absolute chaos
- Make fresh cheese from goat’s milk
- Make a monster USB MIDI controller with 8 microphones
- Extract your own perfumes and essential oils
- Wind your own electric guitar pickups, and make a Diddley Bow (the primal electric guitar made famous by Jack White of The White Stripes)
Plus, filmmaker and YouTube sensation PES shows how he creates his amazing stop-motion animation; and 8 top hobbyists and industry leaders tell what’s hot in Remote Control. What on earth are foamies, Frankensteining, and aqua modeling? Get MAKE Volume 22 and find out.